Board of European Students of Technology – BEST Belgrade is organising an international academic course for the 10th time this spring about control of quality and integrated management systems – “Quantity or quality,that is the question?” The course will be held on faculties of Machine Engineering Technology and Mettalurgy and Organisational Sciences in Belgrade from the 11th to 21st of April 2013.
By participating in this course, 22 students from 15 European universities, alongside their colleagues from Belgrade, will have the opportunity to get new knowledge about how to upgrade quality, safety, and vitality of one company, reduce risks, and avoid mistakes that can be made on the market.Also, students will get familiar with the work of some of the best companies in Serbia. BEST, as one of the main student organisations that stimulates the cooperation between universities, companies, and students throughout Europe, wants to upgrade the exchange of knowledge and cultural values of young people in Europe.
After identifying interests of students and needs of the market, BEST has chosen for this year the topic of integrated management systems as the weakest part of contemporary business. By choosing this, our oganization wishes to give opportunities to students to empower the knowledge and its appliance not only in the academic realm of their life, but in the professional realm as well.
BEST Belgrade is giving the opportunity to both local and international students to, by sharing knowledge and experiences, gain a deeper insight in the methodology of work at different faculties .
The basic goals of the course are:
• Gaining thorough knowledge on lectures provided by eminent professors of the University of Belgrade but also company experts who studnets will colaborate with;
• Practical work by the means of workshops and visits to institutes, museums and companies;
• Creating new contacts and acquaintances through team work on a project;,
• Getting to know the culture, customs and the way of life in Belgrade and Serbia;
• Taking s final test given by professors and company experts where we check the knowledge gained during the course;
• Getting ECTS points that are acknowledged on most European universities.
General support of this evet is Holcim, while education partners are: SGS, the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company, Institute for Standardization of Serbia and Erste bank.